Our story began in the early 1950s with Dr. & Mrs. Robert Taylor. The Taylors moved to Las Vegas in early 1950, following completion of Dr. Taylor's training in radiology and radiation oncology. In 1964, Dr. Harris Knudson and Dr. James Lum relocated to Las Vegas and joined the small practice started by Dr. Taylor. On January 6, 1966 the three formed a professional corporation in the state of Nevada under the name Taylor, Knudson & Lum. The small practice provided radiology services to UMC hospital and operated two outpatient facilities; one on Maryland Parkway and the other on Rancho Lane.
In 1969 Dr. Francis Esposito joined the practice, followed by Dr. Richard Ellis in 1971. When Desert Springs Hospital opened, the practice was brought on as a partner to provide radiology services. Later that same year, Dr. Paul Bandt joined the practice. .
By the mid 1970s, the practice comprised of six radiologists was thriving with multiple hospital contracts and a busy outpatient imaging business. In 1977, the Rancho Lane location was expanded and renamed to Desert Radiologists. In 1980, the group of physicians established and opened Nevada Radiation Oncology Center (NROC), the first outpatient radiation therapy center in the state. That same year, the practice also began proivding radiology services for Southwest Medical Associates. The Rancho Lane outpatient facility was relocated to 2020 Palomino Lane in 1987, and still operates in this location today.
In 2017, the practice name was officially changed to Desert Radiology. Desert Radiology is the premier diagnostic imaging center. Today, the practice comprises more than 80 radiologists and 500 clinical and support teammates; operates 11 diagnostic imaging facilities throughout Southern Nevada and provides radiology services for 12 area hospitals.