WE ARE Here For Our Community.
In order to protect and safeguard the health of our patients, teammates, and our community, Desert Radiology has made some changes to standard operating policies. We will continue to do our part to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
All DR imaging facilities are OPEN. Visit our locations page for operation hours.
VISITING OUR FACILITIES
COVID-19 screening stations are in place at all DR locations to ensure anyone entering is not at high-risk for COVID-19.
- Patients will be screened for possible exposure to COVID-19 and questioned about symptoms before entering.
- Anyone found to be a high-risk for COVID-19 infection will not be able to complete their exam and will be referred to their primary care provider for evaluation.
- Desert Radiology requires that everyone wear a mask before entering and while at our imaging facilities.
- We encourage patients who have masks, to please wear them to their appointment. For patients that do not have a mask, one will be provided to you when you arrive to your appointment.
- Patients that refuse to wear a mask as requested, will not be allowed to complete their examination.
SOCIAL DISTANCING @ OUR FACILITIES
DR is following social distancing guidelines, keeping patients 6 feet apart when possible and limiting the number of persons within our waiting areas.
- ONLY patients will be allowed entry into DR facilities to complete their examination.
- If our waiting area is at capacity, patients will be asked to wait in their vehicles and will be called by phone when it is time for their exam.
- All visitors who are not essential caregivers will be asked to remain outside the imaging center and/or in their vehicle to adhere to social distancing.
- Exceptions will be made in cases when medically necessary for a caregiver to remain with the patient or if a parent/guardian is attending a child during their exam. Only one (1) caregiver, parent or guardian will be allowed entry, when an exception is granted.
CD, FILM & REPORT PICK-UP IS SUSPENDED AT ALL FACILITIES
Patients may request records to be mailed to their home and/or delivered to their healthcare provider office.
To make a request, patients may contact the medical records department by phone at 702-759-8750 or submit a request online here.
For more information about COVID-19: