- Ain Shams University
- Ain Shams University Hospitals, Department of Clinical Radiology
- General & Pediatric Radiology/Nuclear Medicine
- American Board of Radiology
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Pediatric Radiology
In 1996, Dr. Abdalla graduated from Ain Shams University in Cairo University receiving a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, the equivalent of a medical degree. Over the next eight years, he completed an internship, residency, and fellowship-equivalent at Ain Shams University Hospitals. This was followed by fellowships at John Hopkins Hospital, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center.
Prior to joining Desert Radiology, Dr. Abdalla served as an attending radiologist at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) and Director of Nuclear Medicine at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. He was the principal radiologist for the CHP-colorectal center.
Dr. Abdalla has co-authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. He also presented at the 45th American Society of Neuroradiology Annual Meeting in 2007. In addition, he has co-authored research posters exhibited at several conferences and annual meetings.
- Radiological Society of North America
- Egyptian Society of Radiology
- American Society of Spine Radiology