- Michigan State University, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology, Nova Southeastern University, Larkin Community Hospital
- Breast Imaging, University of North Carolina, North Carolina Cancer Hospital
- Breast Imaging
- American Board of Radiology
Dr. Michael Hwang received his bachelor’s degree with honors from University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan, in 2005. He earned a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan, in 2012. Dr. Hwang completed an internship at Nova Southeastern University’s Larkin Community Hospital from 2012 to 2013. He then attended diagnostic radiology residency at that same hospital from 2013 to 2017. Dr. Hwang completed a fellowship in breast imaging at the University of North Carolina at North Carolina Cancer Hospital from 2017-2018. He has been involved in several research projects and has received numerous awards and honors while attending college.
Before joining Desert Radiology, Dr. Hwang finished his fellowship in breast imaging at the University of North Carolina at North Carolina Cancer Hospital. He has professional experience working at Emergent Biodefense Operations in Lansing, Michigan, as a quality control bioanalytical assistant scientist in 2008. He has also worked at the American Red Cross Biomedical as a quarantine and labeling laboratory technician in Lansing, Michigan, from 2007 to 2008.
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American College of Osteopathic Radiology
- American Osteopathic Association
- Florida Radiological Society
- Kappa Sigma