- University of Nevada School of Medicine
- Cottage Hospital
- Diagnostic Imaging
- American Board of Radiology
Dr. Hyer graduated from Valley High School in Las Vegas. He completed his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University and the University of Nevada Las Vegas where, in 1982, he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology. In 1986 he received his Medical Degree from the University of Nevada, School of Medicine.
Dr. Hyer completed his internal medicine residency from 1986 to 1987 at Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, California. From 1987 to 1991, Dr. Hyer went on to complete a four-year residency in diagnostic radiology, also at Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara, California.
Dr. Hyer joined Desert Radiology in July of 1991 following completion of his studies. He has co-authored several papers on MRI of the shoulder and knee. Dr. Hyer currently serves as the Medical Director of Desert Radiology Horizon Ridge Imaging Facility.
- American College of Radiology
- American Medical Association
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Clark County Medical Society
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Radiological Society of North America