- Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Detroit Medical Center
- Cardiothoracic Radiology University of Michigan Health System
- Cardiothoracic Radiology
- American Board of Radiology
Dr. Poopat graduated in 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry from Albion College in Michigan. He attended Wayne State University School of Medicine, where he received his Medical Degree in 2000.
In 2001, Dr. Poopat completed a one-year internship at Sinai-Grace Hospital in Detroit and continued on to complete his diagnostic radiology residency at the Detroit Medical Center in 2005. During his residency, Dr. Poopat served as Chief Resident for two years. Following residency, Dr. Poopat completed a cardiothoracic radiology fellowship in 2006, at the University of Michigan Health System.
Dr. Poopat served as a Senior Staff Radiologists in Cardiothoracic Radiology at Henry Ford Health System and was named Teacher of the Year in 2011. He also served as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Diagnostic Radiology at Wayne State University from 2010-2013.
Dr. Poopat joined Desert Radiology in 2013. He has co-authored many publications and presented at annual meetings of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and the Society of Thoracic Radiology (STR), and has been an exam committee volunteer with the American Board of Radiology since 2011.
- American Medical Association
- American College of Radiology
- Michigan Radiologic Society
- Society of Thoracic Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Michigan State Medical Society