- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- University of Southern California
- American Board of Radiology
Dr. Hovanessian graduated from Stanford University's undergraduate program in 1990 where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts & Sciences in Biology and Art History. In 1994, he received his Medical Degree from the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine in Chicago.
Following an internship in the department of surgery at the University of California, School of Medicine, Dr. Hovanessian completed a four-year residency in diagnostic radiology at the University in June 2000. In addition, he completed a fellowship in neuroradiology at the University of California.
Dr. Hovanessian joined Desert Radiology in July of 2002. Dr. Hovanessian is the author of "Intramedullary SPinal Cysticercosis" which was presented at the 4th Annual Symposium of the American Society of Spinal Radiology in 2001.
- American College of Radiology
- American Medical Association
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Armenian-American Medical Student & Housestaff Association
- Clark County Medical Society
- Los Angeles Radiological Society
- Nevada State Medical Association
- Radiological Society of North America